This assignment is meant to make generating text fun. You will be given a prompt. Take the prompt and begin writing a narrative. Write for ten minutes, then give the paper to another student. Go through three people, each person writing for ten minutes. Then give the paper to a fourth student for proofreading.
1) "The trouble began when I left my apartment."
2) "What's going on here?" he yelled as he walked into the room.
3) "I wish I had never walked into that pet shop."
4) It was a dark and stormy night.
5) I thought it would be an easy task. All I had to do was make her a birthday cake.
6) Once upon a time.
7) An eerie howl filtered through the forest.
8) The mime began to follow her down the street.
9) It was a beautiful spring morning; the birds were singing in the trees.
10) He crossed his arms and glared at his son.
11) He was sitting at the table listening to the band when he looked up, just in time to see her walk through the door.
12) The door
of the spaceship opened with a hiss.
Return to Samples page